Saturday, July 15, 2006

The journey; the destination

I have not been blogging for more than a month now! Ironically, the day of my last post is also the day before I met someone very special. So I guess its safe to say I was rescued from the great big void I was feeling within me for so long.

Its funny to read back my last post and remember what I felt. Ironic too that I speak of having nothing to tie me down to London. So true. Then I can't help but think that the greatest void within me was probably that. The fact that I had nothing tying me down. Because when we are tied down it means we are wanted. By a career or a relationship or anything really. So it was probably this that made me search for something whilst making plans to leave.

You know how its Sod's Law how when you are looking for something you never find it? Well same goes for love or companionship. I have made many mistakes since September 2005 trying to look for that but then when I decided to leave I realised that I no longer needed to look for a relationship or that special someone to make me feel complete. AND voila, I found him. I'm not saying I found HIM as in the ONE. But I believe people enter our lives for a reason, season or lifetime. And maybe a month from now, I'll be alone again, but I know that because I met this person I found a reason to stay in London again. I also got my priorities back as well as my motivation!

I've got a little plan now for life. And more over, Im fulfilling one of my greatest dreams since I started working and realising that there is so much MORE TO LIFE: travelling! Im going travelling for two months to India and Australia to see the big big world out there. So that when I come back and settle back into the horrid corporate lifestyle and become a slave for money - I will know that I lived. At least for a few moments.

As for my dream of living in Sydney, I realise that in Sydney I'll have family and maybe I'll be able to do Medicine in a few years but I won't be able to earn and help my parents. And I realise that in London, maybe I dont have 100's of friends but I'd rather have the handful GREAT friends that I in London to 40/50 mediocre friends in Sydney.

Well all these are hopes. For what is hope but the love of life. So keep hoping people!

I'll leave you with this awesome quote I heard recently:

'Don't be afraid to make mistakes, stumble and fall. Cos most of the times the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you'll get everything you wished for, Maybe you'll get more than you ever could have imagined.

Who knows where life will take you?

The road is long and in the end - the journey is the destination'

So enjoy the journey my friend! Because life has ways of surprising us when we least expect it!

Good night and good luck ;)

No comments: