Saturday, January 24, 2009

For the third year in a row, CATCH UP!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
- I stayed in a relationship for a whole year (and more), I took out some loans, I paid them back! :P

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No but will make the same one this year, To go the gym religiously and get myself toned up! <--- thats from last year but I HAVE been very good this year so far.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope, but I got to see the lovely babies that were born last year, and they are amaazing lil creatures!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Nope, thank God <--- thank god again

5. What countries did you visit?  India, SL, Singapore, Thailand

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? job satisfaction.. that really eludes me. sense of purpose. and of course, more muscle less fat.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?  Hmm.. it was all a bunch of great days.Even the bad ones

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?  Keeping the guy i adore with me.

9. What was your biggest failure? Still not being able to find job satisfaction, not hating my boss. etc etc

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing significant

11. What was the best thing you bought? Not a very gadget centric year, I hope to change that in 2009. Probably tickets to Thailand for me n the bf :)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My mum, my bf, the new gang of friends I made for being such fun ppl

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? some friends who are meant to be close but hv drifted away and maybe my own

14. Where did most of your money go? Lord, if i can answer that one! I ask myself that eeeevery day , but id say mostly rent. and paying back my old employer.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Spending every day with my bf after spending so much time on long distnace!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? that get low song... hilarious!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

I. happier or sadder? Happier.

II. thinner or fatter? Fatter

III richer or poorer? FAR poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? SAVING money, thinking decisions through a lil better, getting less drunk on occasions

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? CRIBBING <---- 2nd time nominee

22. Did you fall in love in 2008? YUP, with the same boy all over again

23. How many one-night stands? None!

24. What was your favorite TV program? Grey's anatomy <--- 2nd year running, also add Heroes and Brothers and Sisters

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Probably not. More disappointed in certain people, proud of a whole bunch of other people!

26. What was the best book you read? Time Travellers Wife

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Stuck to my old tastes

28. What did you want and get? Keep my bf, keep my old friends, make some great new ones

29. What did you want and not get? a raise. and a job im happy in

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Dark Knight, Stardust, a few others

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 24, had a small party and dinner

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Cant ask for anything more than what I received <--- Amen

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? As always, comfortable yet trendy. Missed the shops in London tho

34. What kept you sane? Faith in God, Mum and a Few Good Mates, and the boy

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Sanath Jayasuriya :P

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Sri Lanka's ethnic crisis and political turmoil <-- sadly still there

37. Who did you miss? My bf :( when I was living away from him, my mum wen i was livin away from her

38. Who was the best new person you met? The bunch of friends I have now. fab crowd

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:  Things do get better. There is a way out. All that matters are the people you love and who loves you. 

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:  a sleepy blue ocean

No comments: