Thursday, October 19, 2006

Aussie Land and its adventures...



Perth was absolutely great! At first I took a while to get accustomed to the different way of life as opposed to London but once I started thinking that I'm on holiday there and I shouldn't compare the two cities - then I started having fun!

It's a lot like L.A., being very spaced out and big roads, palm trees! Ppl are constantly drinking in pubs in casual clothes leading me to question whether anyone actually works in this place. Clothes are cheap compared to London and they got some good shopping centres! The clubs are pretty good too - although I do miss the hustle and bustle of London. Im used to people rushing about and always having something to do whereas in Perth, people seem to be okay with not having anywhere specific to go in a hurry. I'm not sure whether I would be okay with living there but as a holiday it was awesome!

I led a bit of a student life in Perth since my cousin and her friends are still at uni - which was good! Now, Im in Melbourne and entertaining my little 2 year old nephew. He is adorable with the cutest smile! Melbourne's very different to Perth and has some amazing architecture! Its more of a metropolitan city and less fieldy. But again, the suburbs remind me of the States. I'm planning to apply to several different universities here and in Sydney for a Masters. I've decided to go back to doing Accounting as I can easily get Permanent Residency in Australia if I do that. After getting that and settling down, maybe I'll be able to do the life coaching course.

I'm off to Sydney in a few weeks. Just trying to occupy myself for a few weeks here. Should be interesting.

Will keep updating the blog!

1 comment:

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I am so completely jealous still about you being there and I am not...

*sad and disturbed but thats normal, hahe*

It sounds like you will do just fine there if and when you decide to go back...?

Good Luck & I'll be looking for a postcard...

Later...