Thursday, April 20, 2006

Jetlag and the problems thereof...

It has been ages since my last post: this can be attributed to my impromptu holiday to the sunny isles of Sri Lanka and the Maldives! Since I originate from Sri Lanka, going back was a little dose of happiness in an otherwise confused existence. To return to the gloomy land of London makes me appreciate even more the beauty that exists in this world.

Maldives is a beautiful archipelago of around 1000 islands. The reefs are home to the world's largest array of marine life: I saw 10 black tip sharks and several sting rays not to mention the number of types of fish the corals contain! I guess if I was the diving type I'd find this even more enticing. To me, the fact that I can lounge in a sun bed 3 feet into the ocean and sleep with the water flowing around me is the reason for living.

Being in places like these, with people that love me and care for me, makes me realise that there is SO much more to life than some of us think. We are meant to enjoy our lives not slave away at it. So with all these thoughts in mind, and with my jet lag swiftly setting in, Im going to go and dream about the Maldives and other sunny areas of the world!

1 comment:

DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

Wow, your alive and well...I was intrigued and lost and confused and a little disappointed when I thought you maybe had given up on blooging early in because you hadn't posted. It's funny because we had talked about the Maldives and now you have just returned from them, how jealous am I? Really Jealous...!!! I'm sure you had a great time, I know that more than anything that would be the best therapy I could possibly receive. Glad your back Rane, looking forward to future post, later...

blu